Delivery men and funny moments during quarantine

 


Corona virus has now spread to Europe and the Americas. Countries started to close down their borders. When I get to office in the morning, I checked the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and several online newspapers, in a hope to see if any of the countries relaxed their restrictions. In the afternoon, I checked another online news for the number of contracted cases in Japan, hoping there will be some decrease in the number. Those became my daily routine.

The situation remained the same. Borders remained closed, the number of contracted cases kept increasing. Although we had not much to do at office but cancel businesses, it was stressful time and I needed something for distraction – something that I could laugh out loud.

By the end of March, people started to use delivery for nonessential goods. It must have been one of the busiest time for online stores, as well as for many delivery companies.

Some people started to post on twitter about funny and heart-warming stories on Twitter. One of the website had a collection of funny stories, which I found amusing.

It’s not very good translations, but here are some of them;
画像1
Delivery man 
1 ) Customer : Isn’t it hard nowadays, with so many deliveries more than usual?
The delivery man : No, people stay at home because of corona, no need to come back for twice. (Apparently it was before the day when distribution companies decide to leave the parcel at the door and give a call to pick it up)
2 ) A delivery man just called on telephone. “Hi, can I come at your place tonight ? “
Feeling as if the call was from my boyfriend, the delivery man continued “ I’ll call you again before coming to your place”. Mentally, I was already his girlfriend.
3) A delivery man left delivery slip, with curvy line written underneath the word of “Amazon”, made it look like Amazon logo.
4 ) A doorbell rang, and there were two delivery men at the door saying “Hi, its Yamato” “ Aaand Sagawa !“ .These two just sounded like stand-up comedians
5 ) A delivery man brought in a parcel saying “ I’M HOME ! “. He must be too exhausted….


Original : 宅配員が届けてくれた「荷物とユーモア」 7選

画像2
Delivery man at the door


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A kiss for a soldier

England : The Taste of Forbidden Drink

Spain : Sangria - quenching the thirst of travelers