Publishing an essay on drinks in Europe and Caucasus

During the COVID-19 restrictions, I started another project: writing essays about drinks, mainly from Europe, Japan and the Caucasus.

As someone who had worked in the travel industry, I had written many materials for my job introducing European drinks, including wines, beers, whiskies and liqueurs.

The work involved a great deal of research on the internet, as well as actually trying the drinks myself. I felt it was important to experience the drinks firsthand, because I was introducing them to potential Japanese travellers who might encounter them abroad. I did not want to sound as though I was writing about something I knew nothing about.

This time, I was able to spend more time researching the background of each drink. I found it fascinating to learn about the history of each one, the passion of the people who first created it, and the stories behind the businesses that developed around them.

The main reason I chose this subject was that I wanted to continue researching food and drinks from around the world. When I worked for a travel company, research was a big part of my job. I wanted to keep doing that—to keep my curiosity alive and my writing skills sharp.

I published some of these essays on Japanese social media, and later decided to put them together in an e-book.

I hope this book will reach people who are dying to travel again after the COVID-19 restrictions. At the time, I believed it would not be long before the world opened up again.

The day did come.

And now that we can travel more freely again, I hope these essays will bring back memories of favourite places—or perhaps inspire readers to discover new ones.

 

Link to the book: A Sip of Europe and the Caucasus: Drinks, Journeys, History and Memories










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Puerto Rico: Piña Colada — The Culture and History of Drinks Around the World

Hidden Gems at Yokohama Station

Short Novel : America : Welcome Home